If you live on the East Coast, you are more more than likely (I hope!) aware of Hurricane Irene’s strength and arrival. Are you prepared for the storm? The possible outages, flooding, etc?
Ready.gov had provided a downloadable checklist to help you make an emergency kit, instructions on how to make an emergency plan, and provides information you should know about hurricanes (and other emergencies), and important links to additional information.
FEMA also provides a Community Hurricane Preparedness FREE Interactive Web-Based Course which will teach you:
- The characteristic features of a hurricane
- The ways in which meteorologists monitor hurricane development
- The hazards from hurricanes
- The basic hurricane forecasting process and its limitations
- The correct forecast product to use at various stages in an event
- How to formulate a plan for dealing with the potential disaster