The Red Dress is the symbol of the fight against heart disease! When you receive your pin, wear it with pride!
Sure there’sThanksgiving Day… …Black Friday… …Small Business Saturday… …and Cyber Monday…. …but what about #Giving Tuesday?!?
What is #Giving Tuesday? Tomorrow, communities will comes together – charities, families, businesses and individuals to transform the way people think about, talk about, and how they participate during the giving season. It’s simple really – find a way for you, your family, your company, or your organization to join in acts of giving.
As a fellow friend blogger, Teressa Morris put it “Giving Tuesday is not a charity to donate to, but a call to action. How can we give back and focus on “the reason for the season” instead of the glitz and gifts?”
There are many partners involved, but here are few:
- American Red Cross
- United Way
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital
- Give Forward
- PetSmart Charities
- Christopher House
So what can you do to on #Giving Tuesday? Here are some fabulous ideas!
- Make a donation to the charity of your choice
- Donate a bag of kibble or other supplies to local animal shelter
- Donate to a food bank
- And remember, your don’t need to be rich to participate. I’m sure you have some clothes and jackets you don’t wear anymore because they don’t fit. Why keep them, donate them so someone can put them to good use.
- And finally, spread the word! Have a facebook and twitter account? Of course you do! Share this blog post! Or at share that it’s #Giving Tuesday (don’t forget the hash tag on twitter) and have family and friends participate too!
To find out more information about #Giving Tuesday and how to get involved with a charity, head on over to www.giving tuesday.org
For my part, I have three large bags of clothes that no longer fit that I am going to donate. In addition, I am going to look into volunteering.
This post was inspired by a post by Teressa Morris, please check out her post on “Giving Tuesday: A New Way to Celebrate the Holidays on her blog Window on World, which I love, I am sure you will too!