Have you heard what is coming up in October???
The VERY FIRST Annual WOW Summit, brought to us by Moms Meet and KIWI Magazine is occurring October 6th through the 8th at the Historic Center City in Philadelphia at the Sheraton Society Hill Hotel!
I am VERY excited about the WOW Summit and you should be too! Especially because they are having a TWO for ONE Deal!
Yes, indeed, you read that correctly! Register yourself and you can bring a friend for FREE (lodging not included). Head on over to the WOW Summit’s webpage and register soon, as spots are going fast!
Whats the WOW Summit all about? Well, you can look forward to:
September 8th marks the start of 2013’s National Suicide Week. It’s a time for organizations, communities, and individuals to unite in the name of those we’ve lost and those who’ve been affected by the reality of suicide. The vision is that this is a battle we won’t always have to fight.
However, recent numbers show that, within the developed world, suicide is the leading cause of death among people ages 15 – 49, greater even than cancer or heart disease. But, and there is a “but,” because there is always hope – we know that suicide can be prevented. Depression can be treated, help is available, and people can rally around truth and each other to conquer the shame secrecy upon which mental health stigma feeds.
Never has it been more important to spread this message: “You cannot be replaced.”
September 10th is World Suicide Prevention Day.
Thanks for reading. Come back tomorrow to learn about challenging the stigma associated with suicide.
If you are Nurse (Thank You!), you can get a FREE Cinnabon Classic Roll between May 6th and May 12th at any Cinnabon location.
All you need to do is show your Healthcare ID to get your FREE Cinnabon Classic Roll.
No purchase is necessary.
Limit One FREE Cinnabon Classic Roll per day per Nurse.
…Small Business Saturday…
…and Cyber Monday….
…but what about #Giving Tuesday?!?
What is #Giving Tuesday? Tomorrow, communities will comes together – charities, families, businesses and individuals to transform the way people think about, talk about, and how they participate during the giving season. It’s simple really – find a way for you, your family, your company, or your organization to join in acts of giving.
As a fellow friend blogger, Teressa Morris put it “Giving Tuesday is not a charity to donate to, but a call to action. How can we give back and focus on “the reason for the season” instead of the glitz and gifts?”
There are many partners involved, but here are few:
- American Red Cross
- United Way
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital
- Give Forward
- PetSmart Charities
- Christopher House
So what can you do to on #Giving Tuesday? Here are some fabulous ideas!
- Make a donation to the charity of your choice
- Donate a bag of kibble or other supplies to local animal shelter
- Donate to a food bank
- And remember, your don’t need to be rich to participate. I’m sure you have some clothes and jackets you don’t wear anymore because they don’t fit. Why keep them, donate them so someone can put them to good use.
- And finally, spread the word! Have a facebook and twitter account? Of course you do! Share this blog post! Or at share that it’s #Giving Tuesday (don’t forget the hash tag on twitter) and have family and friends participate too!
To find out more information about #Giving Tuesday and how to get involved with a charity, head on over to www.giving tuesday.org
For my part, I have three large bags of clothes that no longer fit that I am going to donate. In addition, I am going to look into volunteering.
This post was inspired by a post by Teressa Morris, please check out her post on “Giving Tuesday: A New Way to Celebrate the Holidays on her blog Window on World, which I love, I am sure you will too!
If you are a Sam’s Club Member, you can bring your kids in to your local Sam’s Club for a super-fun photo op with with Charmin Bear standee.
On Friday, August 10th, beginning at 10:00am, the first 50 members to check in on their phones get a FREE Charmin Jump Drive!
What Does the FREE Pass Cover?
- Completely FREE
- Available to active duty military personnel and their dependents with proper identification (CAC Card or DD Form 1173)
- Annual Pass must be obtained in person at Federal recreation sites that charge an entrance or standard amenity fee
- FREE Pass covers entrance to Fish and Wildlife Service and National Park Service site that charge an Entrance Fee or Standard Amenity Fee at Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Reclamation sites. A list of locations can be found HERE
- FREE Pass admits Pass Owner and accompanying passengers in a private, non-commercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas, or Pass Pass Owner and up to three additional adults that charge per-person fees.
So, thank you to our active military, and please enjoy our National Parks! For more information and details about this offer, please visit the US Geological Survey – America The Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Page HERE